Chicken Salad Canapés
A Delicious Chicken Dream
- 1 1⁄2 c thrive seasoned chicken slices (fd), reconstituted
- 2 T thrive chopped onions (fd), reconstituted
- 1⁄4 c thrive celery (fd), reconstituted
- 1⁄2 c mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 t mustard
- 1⁄2 c thrive red seedless grapes (fd), reconstituted
- 1⁄4 t pepper
- 1 t season salt
- 1 t parsley, chopped
- 24 pumpernickel toast points, buttered and lightly toasted
- 24 black olive slices (⅛ inch thick)
- 24 red bell pepper slices
- 24 parsley leaves, held in ice water
Reconstitute the chicken, onions, and celery by adding enough water to barely cover and allowing to sit for about 10 minutes. Drain any excess water. Mix with the mayonnaise, mustard, grapes, seasonings, and chopped parsley and let sit in refrigerator for 1 hour. Mix again after refrigerating to make sure flavors are blended together.
Slice peppers into slices ½ inch long and ⅛ inch wide. To assemble each canapé, place a large tablespoon of chicken salad on a toast point, thread a red pepper slice through an olive, slide the parsley into the olive behind the pepper, and place on top of the chicken salad in the center.
Note: You may wish to cut up the chicken into smaller pieces before making the salad.
March 2013 THRIVE Live